Veganuary isn't just about the food, but an opportunity to not only think about the ingredients we’re putting into our bodies, but also the ones going on our skin. Ready to enjoy the benefits of a plant-based beauty regime? Veganuary is easier than ever with our edit of the best vegan-friendly Korean Beauty products.
Veganuary is an annual global challenge that encourages and educates people to adopt a plant-based lifestyle throughout the month of January, starting on the first day of the month. If you’re looking for a more sustainable and cruelty-free skincare regime, or you’re doing Veganuary because it’s better for the planet, we’re here to help it a little easier for you to opt for a plant-based skincare routine.
K-Beauty has come a long way and luckily, there’s been a move towards brands being increasingly cruelty-free and producing products that contain no animal-derived ingredients. ''When it comes to K-Beauty, we often find plant extracts like mugwort, centella, tea tree or heart leaf, which has gained a lot attractions recently, in the formula. These natural ingredients have been studied and used in traditional medicine for decades as a treatment for a variety of health conditions and soothe and heal skin.'' says Glam Touch founder Sen.
''These days Korean beauty brands take vegan skincare to another level with the single ingredient formula. It means the product contains only one natural ingredient such as Centella Asiatica extract or Heart Leaf extract like the Banobagi Heart Leaf 100 Essence. They will not only put you at ease with the ingredients you usually keep an eye out for, but also may benefit those with sensitive skin.'' adds Sen.
The Benefits Of Vegan Skincare
- Kind to Animals: the cruelty-free and vegan label on any beauty product ensures that animal testing is a big no.
- Kind to Your Skin: vegan skincare products tends to be formulated with all-natural ingredients and generally contains less synthetic ingredients which are likely to irritate skin.
- Kind to The Planet: the best vegan products are also 100% natural and organic, usually packed in eco-friendly packaging, meaning they don’t harm the environment after use.
- Rich In Vitamins And Antioxidants: ingredients taken from plants often contain more vitamins and antioxidants, which help in repairing and maintaining healthy skin.
Glam Touch Founder - Sen's Favourite Vegan Korean Skincare Picks
1. SKIN1004 Madagascar Centella Light Cleansing Oil
This cleansing oil is infused with pure Centella Asiatica extract from Madagascar, Sunflower seed oil and Olive fruit oil to gently melt away makeup, sebum and dirt.
2. Banobagi Heart Leaf 100 Essence
This lightweight, multi-tasking essence is formulated with 100% Jeju Houttuynia Cordate (Heart leaf) extract to soothe and moisturise skin. This hero ingredient, heart leaf extract provides anti-inflammatory properties, relieves stress caused by external aggressors and improves skin texture for a healthier-looking complexion.
5. D'ALBA PIEDMONT First Spray Serum
6. AXIS-Y New Skin Resolution Gel Mask
Formulate with most loved plant-based ingredients such as centella asiatica, mugwort and heart leaf extract, this gel mask helps renew, refresh and revitalise skin.
So, if you’re looking to try something new and more environmentally friendly with your New Year’s resolutions, why not save with our Veganuary skincare offers!