We know that feeling when you receive a brand new Korean beauty product but panicked seeing the date on the bottom of the package, thinking if this expired. Stay calm, as most of Korean cosmetics manufacturers write the manufacturing date instead of the expiration date, and they are printed in Korean. Don't worry, here's our little guide may ease your confusion and help you make sure the beauty products you are safe to use.
Manufacturing Date vs Expiration Date
The 제조 character (Manufacturing Date) is where many of us get confused, but this actually means the date when the product was manufactured. Most Korean manufacturers like to put manufacturing dates so consumers know they are getting a fresh product.
PAO = Period After Opening
- Keeps products in a cool, dry place
- Wash your hands before using products, use and clean the little spatulas that comes with your products.
- Tighten/secure the cap after using
- Write on the date opened to follow the PAO direction
- Don't share your skincare and makeup products with others
- Don't store products in direct sunlight